Robert G. Johnson
Robert G. Johnson
Robert G. Johnson is of counsel with Sedey Harper Westhoff after a long career at the St. Louis Office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Bob began at the EEOC as a Trial Attorney, and from 1995 to 2007, he served as Regional Attorney for the Commission’s St. Louis District Office, leading a team of 10 trial lawyers.
While a Senior Lead Trial Attorney at the Commission, Bob obtained excellent results for victims of discrimination:
- In an age discrimination case against McDonnell Douglas, Bob and his team represented 1,000 employees who were part of a massive reduction in force. They obtained a settlement of more than $30 million dollars for the class.
- Bob settled a sex discrimination class action over pay, promotions and working conditions, against Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. for $5 Million. Goodyear also agreed to promote nearly 60 women to management positions.
Upon his retirement from the EEOC in 2007, Bob was commended for “dedicating his life to serving the public interest” and “for his example, commitment, and lasting contributions to the mission and accomplishments of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.”
Awards & Activities
- Recognized in Super Lawyers for Employment Law — Individuals, 2013 – present
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law — Individuals, 2015
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers Fellow, 2007 – present
- Eighth Circuit National Employment Lawyers Association President, 2010 to 2012
- SLU’s Clarence Darrow Public Interest Advocate Award, 2007
- Women in Charge Board Member, 2005 to present
- Member: Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and National Employment Lawyers Association — St. Louis Chapter
B.A, Saint Louis University, summa cum laude, 1973
J.D., New York University School of Law, 1976
- State of Missouri
- State of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri