Erin E. Austin
Erin E. Austin
Erin E. Austin graduated from Washington University School of Law in May 2022, and she was sworn in as a member of the Missouri Bar in September 2022.
While in law school, Erin completed an externship with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, drafting decisions and responding to motions on behalf of the administrative judges who heard discrimination complaints from federal government employees. She spent the first summer of law school working for the United Steelworkers and the second clerking at Bredhoff & Kaiser in the firm’s employee benefit fund practice. Through those experiences — and previous work as a union organizer — she developed a strong interest in workplace justice and employment security.
Prior to law school, Erin worked several years in nonprofit public relations, most recently as the inaugural communications officer at the public policy institute established by retired U.S. Senator Tom Harkin. She also served a year through AmeriCorps at the Massachusetts Fair Housing Center.
Email Erin at eaustin@sedeyharper
Awards & Activities
- Member: Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, National Employment Lawyers Association – St. Louis Chapter
- B.A., Drake University, 2014
- M.A., University of Massachusetts – Amherst, 2019
- J.D. Washington University School of Law, 2022
- State of Missouri
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri