Benjamin F. Westhoff
Benjamin F. Westhoff
Since then, Ben has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination and other unfair employment practices.
His recent results include:
- $1.5 Million settlement in a breach of contract and fraud lawsuit for an executive terminated in violation of his employment contract
- $395,000 settlement in an age discrimination and whistleblower lawsuit against a Fortune 500 company
- $125,000 settlement for a 66-year old who was passed over for promotion
- $237,000 in severance pay for laid off whistleblower
- $185,000 settlement for two men terminated after reaching age 60
- $234,000 in severance pay for a woman fired on account of sex and age
- $146,000 severance pay for a woman fired for claiming disability discrimination
- $250,000 severance pay for a man in age discrimination RIF case
Ben also represents injury victims and their families. He won his first jury trial representing an injury victim in a car collision case, resulting in a verdict of nearly $100,000. Recently he recovered $1.1 million for a disabled man who was badly injured when he was struck by a pizza delivery driver while crossing the street in his wheelchair. Other recent settlements include:
- $250,000 settlement for a young woman who sustained neck and back injuries in an automobile accident.
- $150,000 settlement for an Illinois man who sustained a back injury that required surgery as a result of a fall caused by a dangerous condition at a St. Louis County hotel.
- $100,000 settlement for a 42-year-old St. Louis County woman who suffered a traumatic head injury caused by an automobile accident.
Awards & Activities
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law—Individuals, 2013 – present
- Theodore McMillian Inns of Court Barrister, 2014 – 2016
- Board of Governors member, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, 2018 – present
- National Employment Lawyers Association – St. Louis Chapter President, 2015 – 2017
- Eighth Circuit National Employment Lawyers Association Board Member, 2013 – 2016
- Speaker, Missouri Bar, “Plaintiff’s Perspectives on Large Verdicts”, 2016
- Speaker, St. Louis Lawyers Association, “Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure”, 2016
- Speaker, Missouri Bar Employment Law Committee Presentations, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Member: Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, National Employment Lawyers Association – St. Louis Chapter, and America Association for Justice
B.A., St. Louis University, magna cum laude, 1999
J.D., Saint Louis University, cum laude, 2003
- State of Missouri
- State of Illinois
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois