Benjamin F. Westhoff
Benjamin F. Westhoff
Benjamin F. Westhoff focuses his practice on employment law and personal injury law on behalf of individuals. Ben began his career as an employment lawyer for a large St. Louis corporate law firm, but decided in 2006 that he wanted to represent individuals faced with employment problems and serious personal injuries.
Since then, Ben has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination and other unfair employment practices.
His recent results include:
- $1.5 Million settlement in a breach of contract and fraud lawsuit for an executive terminated in violation of his employment contract
- $250,000 settlement for a woman in a sex harassment, sex discrimination and retaliation case
- $125,000 settlement for a 66-year old who was passed over for promotion
- $237,000 in severance pay for laid off whistleblower
- $185,000 settlement for two men terminated after reaching age 60
- $234,000 in severance pay for a woman fired on account of sex and age
- $146,000 severance pay for a woman fired for claiming disability discrimination
- $250,000 severance pay for a man in age discrimination RIF case
- $135,000 settlement for a school principal fired after reporting harassment
Ben also represents injury victims and their families. He won his first jury trial representing an injury victim in a car collision case, resulting in a verdict of nearly $100,000. Recently he recovered $1.1 million for a disabled man who was badly injured when he was struck by a pizza delivery driver while crossing the street in his wheelchair. Other recent settlements include:
- $250,000 settlement for a young woman who sustained neck and back injuries in an automobile accident.
- $150,000 settlement for an Illinois man who sustained a back injury that required surgery as a result of a fall caused by a dangerous condition at a St. Louis County hotel.
- $100,000 settlement for a 42-year-old St. Louis County woman who suffered a traumatic head injury caused by an automobile accident.
“I knew early on in my legal career that I wanted to focus on helping people facing serious problems, such as getting injured because of another’s carelessness or losing their job because of discrimination. It is really gratifying to help people in their hour of need while holding wrongdoers accountable for their misconduct.”
Awards & Activities
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law—Individuals, 2013 – present
- Theodore McMillian Inns of Court Barrister, 2014 – 2016
- National Employment Lawyers Association – St. Louis Chapter President, 2015 – present
- Eighth Circuit National Employment Lawyers Association Board Member, 2013 – 2016
- Speaker, Missouri Bar, “Plaintiff’s Perspectives on Large Verdicts”, 2016
- Speaker, St. Louis Lawyers Association, “Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure”, 2016
- Speaker, Missouri Bar Employment Law Committee Presentations, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Member: Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, National Employment Lawyers Association – St. Louis Chapter, and America Association for Justice
B.A., St. Louis University, magna cum laude, 1999
J.D., Saint Louis University, cum laude, 2003
- State of Missouri
- State of Illinois
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois